They were made bosses of their family around the same time, and shared common interests in Unions. They were not that far apart, members and associates of Bufalino family would frequent Philadelphia or New Jersey topass through there on their way to Delaware, Maryland ect. Bufalino actually met Bruno when Bufalino was a capo and Bruno was an associate in Florida when they were on vacation at the same time in the Tampa area, actually Bruno was vacationing in Miami and was meeting with a Salvatore Italiano lieutenant about setting up a joint business, while Bufalino was visiting family friends in the area. That encounter was the start of their friendship. Bufalino time vacationing in Tampa or Miami also helped to form stronger friendships with the Genovese and Lucchese crime families, and that helped along by Anthony Carfano and Joseph Lucchese.

Bufalino relationship with the Genovese crime family started when he moved away from Buffalo and lived in Kingston started him on making connections to other crime families, notable New York. Bufalino first encounter with the Genovese crime family was through an unnamed soldier in Carafano crew who introduced the two, to talk about gambling machines, and setting a better cost efficiency for garment manufacturing, which in turn Carfano put Bufalino in contact with Joseph Lucchese.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green