Originally Posted by mchang93
Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino
Originally Posted by axx
Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino

Bonanno was able to settle his beef with Gambino.
Keep his legitimate businesses outside Ny.
Still act as a liason to Montreal and Sicily
secure peace for his loyalist who moved to Arizona and some of those who remained in Ny.
establish a quasi-Family in Arizona and California, unbothered.

He lost control of his family but evaded the RICO sentence and thus rotting in jail for the last 20 yrs of his life like other bosses. Had he been less close-fisted he would have been untouchable.

I agree, if Bonanno lasted past 1970, he would've ended up in jail on Rico or taking Galante's bullets as well.

Galante was loyal to Joe its my opinion he would never have turned on him. He wanted to take back family for what happened to Bonanno while he was away.

I meant Bonanno would have gotten the same thing that happen to Galante. I agree, Lilo probably wouldn't have betrayed Bonanno but I believe it was too much of a treacherous underbelly with the likes of Mike Sabella, Nicky Glasses, Rusty Rastelli and the upcoming Sonny Red, Philly Lucky, Big Trin, Sonny Black and Joe Massino. I think the result would've have been Bonanno laying next to Galante.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano