Scampia, Don Vittorio Siciliani died: a life for the least and against the Camorra
By Rosario Caracciolo Posted on April 5, 2020
Don Vittorio Siciliani, beloved parish priest of the Resurrection in the Monterosa district, died. He was 84 years old, died on Palm Sunday and his disappearance leaves a huge void in the neighborhood, in the city and in the Church that has served for 60 years. He was a point of reference for the community, he spent a life for the least and against the Camorra.

Don Vittorio was the first to denounce the drama of the Sails in the Church, transformed the parish into a center of social activities for the neighborhood and of assistance to disadvantaged families, fought the Camorra and all forms of delinquency. He was very concrete, shy and did not like being in the spotlight

The parish community communicated his death on social media: "Today, April 5, 2020, Palm Sunday and the beginning of Holy Week, our dear Father Vittorio Siciliani has returned to God. He fought in his illness, with the strength of his character and his deep faith ".

Hundreds of messages of condolence and affection left on Facebook. “He was also busy on the anticamorra front in the darkest days of Scampia - recalls Daniele Sanzone of the 'A67 - He remembered everyone, but everyone. The last time I saw him and, I had not entered the church since the time of communion, he said to me “By now you can only see yourself on TV. Come and visit me every now and then. " Dear Don Vittorio rest in peace ” source Repubblica

"The king is dead, long live the king!"