After Anthony Carfano was killed, Costello reachout to a few Capos still loyal to him, and the Genovese camp. Peace was made, but Tony Bender was making things difficult with those crews and saying this is what Genovese wanted, this was infuriating many members to were not a lot of cooperation was being done in the street. As I have said before, once Costello and Genovese had a private talk and later on compared notes, they got rid of Tony Bender, and Frank Costello was welcomed back into the family, and given a couple of businesses, long sharking and a lucrative gambling spot up in northern Manhattan to enjoy his retirement. The Feds had tapped a lot of the top guys in the Genovese crime family spots where they met or did business with other families. Once the order came to spot bugging places they were in the dark with a few tidbits from informants. They had a good general ideal, but once Vito Genovese died in 1969, that is when nobody could figure out the family hierarchy and ran with Tommy Eboli being the boss,
after Eboli was killed they said Catena and Miranda, finding out that Miranda retired they said Frank Tieri was boss, and Tony Salerno was underboss(He was Consigliere at the time). Everyone knew that the old Terranova crew which had Phillip Lombardo and Tony Salerno in it (Barney Bellomo became capo of this crew in the 1980s) the old Genovese crew, this crew would split between Anthony Strollo and Michele Miranda when the Five Family bosses were named, which had Tommy Eboli, Dominick Alongi, Vincent Gigante, Michele Miranda, and Frank Tieri who broke off from Miranda crew in 1958 and became a capo in the 1960s weilded the most power in the family.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green