Originally Posted by Terence
Originally Posted by Hollander
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Originally Posted by Hollander

Well that was bound to happen. Lawlor was a complete psychopath and basically a serial killer with the amount of bodies he had under his belt.

Nothing happens in Belfast without the blessing of the IRA.

This is a big deal, Lawlor was a fucking maniac. I wonder who was behind it.

Probably one of the mobs from North Dublin.

There are different theories. Some say the Kinahans set him up, but that's probably a crock. The Kinahan stronghold is in South Dublin. In the North of the city they got their own outfits that are involved in a gang war.

Weird thing is that he was hit in Ardoyne; I think that's IRA playground up there and they don't really involve themselves in the Dublin drug feuds aside from taxing the drug traffickers that want to operate on their turf. Then again, Lawlor was supposedly heading north to involve himself in an extortion scheme and the IRA do run all of the extortion and strong arm rackets up there so who knows...

My money's on one of the North Dublin mobs who got to him because he was set up by someone close to him. Supposedly he wasn't well liked anymore by his surroundings. Ever since his brother-in-law Richie Carberry (a known player in North Dublin) got whacked, the guy was a loose cannon shooting and carving up anybody with even half a foot in his way and dismembered body parts were showing up in the streets. Only a matter of time before erratic behavior like that gets dealt with.