BarrettM, those were some major players from the 1920s till they retired. At the time Albert Anastasia had made powerful connections as underboss to other crime families. I kept looking into Boston and Philadelphia connections to both Gambino and Genovese crime families and for the Gambino family a lot of roads led to Albert Anastasia. Thomas Lucchese was an ally but not close to Anastasia, and when Vito Genovese told Lucchese that Anastasia was plotting to kill him, Lucchese switched to Carlo Gambino and Joseph Riccobono in the Gambino crime family, John Aquaro of the Bonanno crime family, and had gotten close to some of the members in Carmine Galante old crew, notably Michael Consolo and Frank Mari, and Colombo Capo Benedetto D'Alessandro. Many say it was Costello who told Lucchese that Anastasia was plotting to kill him, but it was Vito Genovese as both Lucchese and Genovese went way back, both were on opposite sides during the war, but Lucchese had always been closer to Genovese and Luciano while growing up. Lucchese knew that Genovese was the triggerman in Gaetano Reina death, but also knew Genovese and Luciano could not get out of it unless having an open war with Joe the Boss, and at the time Joe was way stronger than the Castellammarese or Luciano. Lucchese and Costello were in different rackets and hardly met unless Luciano was there.

Furio, the meeting at Appalachian, a lot of bosses were sizing each other up and many could tell which way the wind was blowing, and which families to watch out for. The Genovese and and Gambino crime families showed a strong alliance between their bosses.

Zavattoni, Frank Scalise was no pushover, and had connections to Buffalo, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Genovese and Lucchese crime family members. His crew in the Bronx was full of heavy hitters as he was a heavy hitter also. He gets credited as being a boss before Mangano, but it was most likely his brother Salvatore before Mangano became boss of the Gambino crime family. His crew comprised of Arthur Leo who went to Vincent Squillante crew, the Squillante brothers who were given their own crew by Albert Anastasia around 1954, David Amodeo, Frank Piccolo, Nino Gaggi was related to Scalise, and was an associate to the crew, but I dont believe he committed any murders only leg breaking at this time. He also had Tony from East Harlem, Jimmy from Hunters Point, and Frankie from Hartford, all said to have been heavy hitters, and his brother Joe Scalise also a heavy hitter. I am confident that Tony from East Harlem is Anthony Tony The Baker Napolitano who would become a capo in the family. Frankie from Hartford might be Frank Piccolo but am not positive, Jimmy from Hunters Point, not a clue. His crew was big and was split in 1954 or 1955, and was said it have had a lot of heavy hitters, otherwise how would he have stayed around after all the people he had killed or ordered killed.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green