Originally Posted by doggystyle
I dont know about Bumpy Johnsons ending but for me Frank Matthews was the only black guy who was a real top criminal. Frank Lucas snitched, Nicky Barnes snitched,,,,, Alpo , Richie , all them other guys either died before their 30's or ended up in prison, Rayful Edmond is worth mentioning to that guy moved about a ton coke a week thats playing in the Ivy League.

Sorry if i fucked this thread up by changin the subject.

It's no question that Bumpy was a top level criminal
Got his start as a Bodyguard/enforcer for Madaam Queen Stephanie St. Claire, 1920's policy boss.
Went to war in the 30's with DUTCH SCHULTZ (not the main reason but a contributing factor in Arthur's death)
Allegedly assisted with the prison break of inmates from Alcatraz lol
Had an association with the Genovese crime Family through some connect to Lucky Luciano
and had an on-going rivalry with notorious Harlem gangster Red Dillard.

IMO, this is why Frank Lucas, who was a minion for Johnson at one time, wanted to be known as being apart of Johnson's crew. Because it gave him validation to be associated with such a mob/gangster luminary.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano