Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
I could be wrong but I believe El Italiano is the name the locals nickname Nicola Pignatelli who was arrested half a decade ago. The Gambino crime family did set up shop in DR, through the Inzerillo family and the Gambinos followed suit, making a joint food import/export business with other sicilian clans and the Ndrangheta. There is no link that Vito Rizzuto was involved, and is alleged to have had a meeting with Frank Cali and a member of the Inzerillo clan, asking them to keep their business away from one of his. I theorize that he did not want them moving their products in or around near one of his gambling establishments, but that is just a theory, as well as telling then that he was back in charge in Montreal.

That’s good to know, I checked up with people from this town that a reliable source told me that he was in and it was true, they do call John Gambino’s son “El Italiano”. He’s marrying this beautiful Dominican girl from Moca and every time he goes there he buys toys for the kids, and gives people money.