I understand what you mean Stubbs. The Yat accent is an anomaly among accents in the South. It may even sound similar to a Long Island accent but I don't know enough about New York accents to tell.
Dixie, I think our disagreement may be just a matter of terminology. You're right in that you won't find someone with a Cajun accent from the Alabama gulf. But a Creole/Gulf accent is very different than a Cajun accent. Troy from Swamp People has an archetypal Cajun accent. Historically, the Cajun accent has been viewed as lower class and backwater even by others in South Louisiana. Creole accents, now dying out, were prevalent in and around larger population centers along the Gulf. New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Biloxi, Mobile, extending into Florida and Texas. The Cajun accent is much more confined to rural counties in South Louisiana and spoken only by a certain population, the Cajuns.
On a side note, most people don't realize what had a large influence on what's considered the old south syrupy drop-all-the-r's accents. Many people who spoke with these accents had black nannies. I don't know for sure, but I would bet that growing up Trafficante had one or at least black help in the house, judging by his accent.