Never heard about Joey Merlino's links to this case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Neulander

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiOf1V1xudg

Excerpted from the John Alite book.

Alite's name also surfaced in another notorious "hit" that generated intense media attention at the time. The wife of a prominent Cherry Hill rabbi was killed in her home, bludgeoned to death by an intruder. The murder of Carol Neulander occurred on Nov. 1, 1994. Over the next four years it would be the focus of an intense investigation by the Camden County Prosecutor's Office. At one point word leaked out that investigators had questioned Alite, described as a notorious "mob hit man" then living in Cherry Hill.

"I remember driving home one day with Claudia," Alite said. "She was living in the house on Brick Road. When we pulled up, there were two guys in suits and ties, a white guy and a black guy, waiting at the door."

Alite still laughs when he recounts the story.

"Oh look, Jehovah's Witnesses," Claudia said when she spotted the men.

"That's how naïve she was," Alite said. "I knew right away they were detectives. I told them to come in. They indicated that they didn't think I had anything to do with it, but said they had to question me. I didn't realize it, but sometimes when I went jogging, I would jog past the Neulander house, the house where she was killed. She owned a cake shop and I used to stop in there sometimes. And I used to work out and play racquetball at the same gym where the rabbi worked out. I might have even played a game or two of racquetball with him. I don't remember."

Alite said he was open and honest with the detectives, telling them frankly that he was making too much money on his own to hire out as an assassin. What's more, he said, he would never kill a woman.
"I told them it was either some junkie or it was the husband," Alite said.

Alite was right. It was the rabbi. Fred Neulander was arrested in September 1998 and charged with hiring two men to kill his wife. Both hit men, one a recovering alcoholic whom the rabbi had befriended and was counseling, confessed and cooperated with authorities. They testified at two trials. The first ended with a hung jury, the second with Fred Neulander's conviction for first-degree murder. Neulander is currently serving a life term.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.