Originally Posted by guero
I cannot imagine the effect this (coronavirus) will have on the mob. We have already entered a recession. Now they have cancelled the NBA, MLB, college football now too. I would imagine half of their money comes either directly or indirectly from gambling. What the hell are these guys gonna do? Kind of funny, but it reminds me of a video I saw the other day... a bunch of monkeys in Thailand descended on this town because all the tourists that feed them are gone. They literally invaded this town, starving, looking for food and beating the shit out of each other over breadcrumbs. I suspect we will see a slightly more civilized version of that with the mob. I suspect many will start dealing on the sneak, and the captains will be told to look the other way. Probably a lot of robberies as well. I wonder if the aqueduct robbery was them like "fuck, we better do something." I don't think killings are out of the question either. Guys get jealous, and if no one is making money those who do in this recession will have a big target on their back.

In italy more bookies used to hijiack the online betting site so who make the bet online maybe thanks to a mobile phone,in reality is diving is money to the Mob.
I think that in america is the dame,the non should pointer on the online betting.