Originally Posted by Irishman12
DOCTOR SLEEP

I didn't read the book so I went in to this blind and I did enjoy it; however, in the grand scheme of things, I came out of this movie the same way I went going in to it: a sequel to THE SHINING was unnecessary. The film doesn't take anything away from the original (thank goodness) and actually revisits it quite a bit towards the beginning and end, which was very enjoyable! I heard nothing but praise for Rebecca Ferguson beforehand and while I thought she was very good, I thought prior reviews gave her a little too much credit. McGregor I wanted to like at times as an older version of Dan (not Danny) Torrance. Sometimes I felt he worked, while other times I didn't. My favorite role was probably by Alex Essoe who's in a handful of scenes and to not spoil it, I won't say which part she plays. Overall, it was a fun, although long ride. The first 15-20 minutes and the third act are where I got my money's worth. 6.5/10

Great review i12, just saw this yesterday. We came away feeling the same.
It was OK, your 6.5 is generous.

I would like to mention again we really appreciate and enjoy your reviews and LOVE how you type the movie titles in all CAPS which makes it so easy to locate after we finally catch up and see the flick. My wife and I discuss the movie after and of course always share your review and discuss that as well.

Thank you and keep em commin.

DP & the Mrs.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.