Originally Posted by Turnbull
Originally Posted by Evita

How would Michael find trusted driver and pilot in foreign Havana? I reckon they were run-of-the-mill hired hands

I''m guessing that he had Tom arrange the driver and the plane. I'm reasonably sure he was in constant touch with Tom.

It would be hugely out of character as discussed uncharacteristic and implausible he was hanging around without so much as a single bodyguard.

I think that coming with only a personal bodyguard was part of his plan to make Roth "relax" by thinking Michael felt reasonably safe in Roth's territory and didn't suspect that Roth was going to have him killed. Then why bring a bodyguard at all, you may ask. Because not bringing any personal security would make Michael look uncharacteristically stupid by not being at all concerned with personal safety. And, by not bringing Neri and/or Rocco, he was signaling Roth that he hadn't ruled them out as possible conspirators in the Tahoe shooting.
Why he was being ultra-careful by going, very visibly, to the Presidential party? Everyone knows he is not going to personally murder! '

Yes, he was being ultra-careful to distance himself from Buscetta's deed and to create an alibi for Roth's killing, "just in case."

It is nice, fun to flesh out the different opinions, interpretations, speculations, knowledge of the Forum members, in the spirit of the Board Why we are still going!

That's it in a nutshell!
smile

Michael might have been in constant touch with Tom but I can't see Tom arranging the driver and plane from Tahoe Why? He would know even less about Havana than Michael who was actually in Havana

As Lana posted, the hotel concierge arranging them makes more sense and I also reckon they were regular hired hands

Keep up! Turnbull
I don't think any of us are disputing Michael's plan coming with only a personal bodyguard

It is the going we are thrashing out, Michael hanging around attending the Presidential party without so much as a single bodyguard and knowing he is a dead man once the party is over

Creating an alibi? Whom did he have to answer to?

The only issue I see is Bussetta being caught in the act which would no doubt link Michael to Roth's killing
If he was not out of Cuba fast no doubt he would have a lot of explaining to do but money talks especially that $2 million

Again as you posted Batista's resignation probably saved Michael's life but why take this uncharacteristic and unnecessary risk?

Hot off the press!! Bussetta was caught in the act and killed Roth survived Michael escaped