My two cents worth!

Michael and Roth sentiments aside....

What would have happened if Batista had not resigned?
No doubt I reckon the assassins assigned to kill Michael would have carried out their assignment and murdered him

We all know Coppola's fanatical attention to details that he would leave out and not even give an indication of Michael's counter-move if any, to the assassination plan which he didn't have to activate his plot due to Bautista's resignation is not in accordance

As Turnbull posted the assassins would have been shadowing him, keeping a close eye but once Batista resigned they were more worried about saving their own asses than about nailing Michael's So Batista's resignation probably saved Michael's life.

How would Michael find trusted driver and pilot in foreign Havana? I reckon they were run-of-the-mill hired hands At that stage, Batista governing and nothing out of the ordinary someone hiring a private plane out of Havana after the New Year celebrations

Michael was cunning, cautious and stragetic but he did slip up with Roth in the beginning and as Turnbull posted was obsessed with finding the traitor

Exactly Woltz It would be hugely out of character as discussed uncharacteristic and implausible he was hanging around without so much as a single bodyguard.

Why he was being ultra-careful by going, very visibly, to the Presidential party? Everyone knows he is not going to personally murder!

Most of what we talk about here might go beyond what's on the screen but in conjunction with what was seen in the movie as well
It is nice, fun to flesh out the different opinions, interpretations, speculations, knowledge of the Forum members, in the spirit of the Board Why we are still going!