My take, for what it is worth!

I too thought similar that Michael had put business before family “for leaving his wife and kids in Tahoe” after the bedroom shooting until I read explanations including your previous posts

However I am still not convinced that Michael “probably knew immediately” who had organised the Tahoe shooting, let alone suspect Roth but I do understand why Michael removed himself from Tahoe as Michael was the target and the “traitor in his family still at large” because whoever was behind the shooting “didn't care if he endangered his family in his quest to kill Michael”

Whilst I acknowledge Michael leaving Havana without calling attention to himself could have been tricky but could have been done – excused himself! emergency back home - My brother Fredo will look after you [Geary and the other government people]

Perhaps Bussetta could have stayed back inconspicuously and carried out the murders of Roth and Ola - Difficult not impossible

What is the point of finding out who the traitor was [which had been revealed prior] if Michael is dead

I don't believe Michael 'needed' "to go through the motions by attending the Presidential party to establish an alibi” Whom did he have to answer to?

When Michael left “his wife and kids” in Tahoe Michael made arrangements for them, well protected and cared for, with Tom in charge

“Sitting ducks” in Sicily

Michael's choices
Originally Posted by Lana
As regards Mary, Michael surrounded by his family, was parading himself and his family in public, so out in the open even at the steps of the Opera house in Sicily, in the night, in full view of anyone lurking knowing Mosca, the assassin who had never failed thus far, was contracted to murder him and that Mosca had already murdered Don Tommasino Go figure!
However Michael was under the impression that Vincent had organised secure protection in Sicily unlike in Havana with not even Bussetta to protect Michael at the Presidential party or after