Police discovered possible murder plan on crime reporter

A 31-year-old Amsterdam man who was supposed to have committed an attack on crime journalist John van den Heuvel of De Telegraaf, will be in court on Tuesday.
After a raid on his home in Amsterdam in December, the suspect was arrested. During a house search a rocket launcher was found that he might want to use in his liquidation plan.

The police action took place after a detailed tip had been received by the Criminal Intelligence Team (TCI) at the beginning of December that suspect YA was possibly preparing an attack on Van den Heuvel on behalf of third parties. The assassination attempt had to take place before the New Year.

"Of course I was quite shocked when I was told what information had arrived at the police intelligence service. If a rocket launcher is also found during the investigation of that tip, you will be shocked. I am very pleased that the tip has been seriously investigated and has led to an arrest, "said the crime journalist, who has been heavily protected both privately and while working since the end of 2017.

In investigations into Ridouan Taghi and motorcycle club Caloh Wagoh, the police have repeatedly encountered information about planned assassinations of Van den Heuvel, who does not comment further.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"