Originally Posted by Stubbs
Originally Posted by Balaclava777
Would anyone be able explain the difference between the Corleonesi Clan and the cosca/famiglia in Corleone? I read that they are two separate entities

Did they merge? Was the cosca/famiglia in Corleone absorbed by the Corleonesi Clan? Or wiped out?

Or maybe I’m misunderstanding...was Leggio and co. a part of the Corleone cosca/famiglia and then expand it into the Corleonesi Clan?

Is Messina Denaro considered to be a part of the Corleonesi? I know he’s from a different part of the island but I also know that the clan had members that were outside of just the town of Corleone.

Thank you to anyone that can explain it and add some clarity for me!

There's a family from Corleone and (I believe) a Corleone mandamento (like a district command) that has a few smaller nearby families under it. Then there's the "Corleonesi" faction which was all of the allies of the Corleone family (allies of Leggio/Riina/Provenzano, etc) when they waged war and took power from the Palermo-central families.

So were Leggio/Riina/etc members of the Corleone Famiy? Or were they members of the smaller nearby families under the Corleone mandamento?

Thanks