Originally Posted by jackdempsey1930
Long island is probably second to only Staten Island in mob activity and gang culture is a regular thing. Living in Rockaway and all over Long Island my whole life i can tell you from first hand knowledge. Every town has its own issues/gangs and there are a lot of towns on long Island. The major gangs are all here and powerful versions. Before the springfield, Mass Latin Kings east coast boss bust the east coast boss resided in Huntington Station, L.I. After the feds swept the Kings out of H.S its an understatement to say its MS territory. MS does without a doubt fill the void left by any gang in any neighborhood it seems. But MS definitely has its rivals but what's scary is how fast there growing power in the jails. In Central Islip, a notoriously black gang area compared to Brentwood (its neighbor) which has always been spanish gang territory, it's now dominate. The bloods are there biggest rivalry but they want no part of MS, to violent, they will kill you. My friend told me a pretty intimidating story about the Notorious Brentwood MS and i can tell you that if you have an issue with MS, even a young member over anything...he is going to report it and it is immediately investigated and action taken if your in the wrong towards even its lowest ranking members. I mean tons of wanna be are coming to mess you up and you better be gone and not be recognized or have them know anything about you. As they grow in power and $$ there finding ways to find out about you and that's got long island shook up. They are like the early Sicilians in America im guessing (clannish, untrusting towards other ethnicities, never show emotion). I worked at the brentwood market 22 yrs ago when the wave of a Salvadorans to Brentwood was getting started and unlike Mexicans who truly flooded Long Island (Farmingville) and for the most part are hard working, good natured people, the Salvadorans were mean and shady at first. They called me in America, my home country, "Americana" in a dickhead way. Ofcourse they only did this when in groups because alone they didn't speak or dare to smile. But in groups they are like piranha and dangerous. The silent owner in the market R.I.P and my ex girls pops a notorious Italian fellow during a walk through the establishment with me one day happen to take issue with the state downs and shadyness of one imparticular Salvadoran. The man was then introduced to Mr. Milk-crate off the top of the head and that for the time set an example for the rest of them before they were organized. But nowadays that would NOT fly.
I live in Brentwood lol, Northside & Southside of Brentwood is infested by them. Over here they’re basically touching blocks with A Bloods set called L Bloxk/Goonsquad. They were the people that Kayla (MS13 victim in 2016) used to hang out with.