Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Originally Posted by JC
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Considering how low key Luciano and his faction were I'm sure they were just fine with the family going by "Genovese". Lucky probably hated his name attached to it in the first place. Wasn't his style.

I don't think that that is correct, Luciano was very flashy, as was Costello, they did nothing to hide who they were. They did a lot of hobnobbing with high society types, much more than Genovese. Genovese was the least flashy of the three, it just happened to be that he was on top when Valachi testified.

I'm not talking about the way in which Luciano and Costello created inroads with mainstream society, I'm talking about whether they preferred to have their name attached to the "thing of theirs". They wanted to be known to important people, but not to be known to the public as heads of a crime organization. I'm sure they were just fine with the press beginning to coin it the Genovese family.

That's true I just think that it is funny that people think that the Genovese family was made up of guys looking to stay in the shadows. Richie the Boot had a huge property with a bunch of statues and a sign saying Godfather's Garden, Joe Adonis was flashy, Willile Morretti wasn't a shrinking violet and neither was Tirgger Mike, Ally Shades, John DiGilio, the list goes on. The general public thinks about the Chin and his crew and Benny Squint and believes that the rest of the family was always like that and they never were, even up to close to the present day.