Originally Posted by Irishman12
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted by Irishman12
Originally Posted by olivant
I used to tell my students about former Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel as an example of people who just can't stand success. Now I tell them about Antonio Brown, former Steeler, Raider, and Patriot.

He has managed to self-destruct after 7 successful years with the Steelers and being touted as one of the best receivers ever. Having been arrested a few days ago for a felony assault and ordered to undergo a psychiatric exam and ordered to wear a tracking device and ordered to remit his passport and running from reporters (on film), he is now near or at the bottom of the barrel.

Think some of the that may have to do with the sport as well. I don't follow football but I always believed Manziel seemed to be the kind of kid who believed his own hype. As for Brown, who konws? Maybe it's a situation like Junior Seau/Aaron Hernandez. Too many shots to the head/CTE. If you haven't seen it already olivant, on Netflix check out a 3 episode mini-series called KILLER INSIDE: THE MIND OF AARON HERNANDEZ. It's pretty good.

I've watched half of it, it's pretty good. Was he really gay? Unlucky to be brought up with a father figure like that if he was.

No idea on him being gay or not. Like I said, I don't follow football and this was the first I've heard of it. But even if he was, who cares?

I hear ya. It doesn't bother me one bit what someone's sexuality is either. It would just be a shitty thing to go through having the kind of authoritative figures he did in his life while being a homosexual. His father certainly wouldn't have accepted it in my opinion, and to be honest, I doubt his coaches and agents would have either. Imagine all the guys leeching on to him to make money for themselves. I doubt they would be encouraging of his homosexuality when it impacts on their bottom line.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.