Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks
Originally Posted by GerryLang
I found Casso's book to be a great read, despite Carlo's amateur writing ability and Casso's deranged take on things. The Amuso/Casso reign wasn't very long but it was full of action and makes a great read. You had the attempted hit on Casso, and his get back, the mafia cops, beef with Jersey crew, killing DeCicco thinking it was Gotti by a bomb made by a guy with barely any info on (Herbert Pate), those two going on the run, guys getting whacked across the country, the list goes on.

It was a great book. I wish someone would write even more on Casso if that’s possible.

Yeah, I wish the book had a more esteemed author, no disrespect to Carlo, the guy was going through a horrible disease. Casso's story is so freaking interesting he has enough of a story to write another book. His years on the street were action packed, all that stuff I mentioned, and that's not all of it. He was also one of leaders of the Bypass gang who were making huge scores from sophisticated robberies. All the treacherous shit he did, like having Patty Testa killed.

@Pmac if Casso didn't flip I believe one of his Brooklyn guys would be running the show today. He was close with Frank Lastorino, George Conte, George Zappola, Frank Papagni, and Mike DeSantis. They were all serious gangsters who did a lot of heavy lifting for Casso. They were all standup guys in that life and took a ton of time. I've said it a few times on this forum; they are some lucky dudes all things considered. They were involved in all types of crimes, including numerous murders, which could've easily put them away for life, but they pled out and got to go home. Hell, even Frankie Federico has been out of prison for a few years, and he was a shooter in a brutal double murder of two freaking civilians and went on the run for a decade. Casso himself might've been out today if he didn't flip and screw around with the Government instead of taking a plea deal like the other guys mentioned.