Originally Posted by Fleming_Ave
Originally Posted by BugsyM

Russell Bufalino.

Yeah. They exaggerated Russell Bufalino’s part in this thing. There’s times in the movie when they are talking about getting back to “the real boss,” like it’s Bufalino. Angelo Bruno was the boss of the Philadelphia mob, not Russell Bufalino. So they got this whole fucking thing twisted and turned around. I don’t know who told them what. Now, Russell Bufalino did head a faction — I’m not sure if he was a boss or he was a major captain.

Has anyone ever disputed the existence of the Northeast Pennsylvania family, or that Bufalino was it's boss? Obviously, Gravano knows a million times more about the mob than me, he was in it. But is he saying there was no NE Pennsylvania family?
I put more stock in what he says about the Gallo hit, because Gravano was around the Colombos early in his career. He probably does know a lot about the colombos back then.

I think Sammy is just pointing out that the movie made Buffalino seem like a much bigger deal than he was, almost like he was more powerful than Bruno. When Bruno ran a much bigger family and probably had a lot more power than Bufalino.

And the movie also seemed to blend the Philly mob and the NE PA/Bufalino mob and didn't really explain that they're two completely separate organizations. The movie really glossed over a lot of things.

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb