Originally Posted by TheLittleMan
Does anyone know when and where the Salvatore Messina photo first surfaced? The facial features are similar between it and the photo in question. That makes me wonder if someone who knew Maranzano in their younger life later confirmed the Messina photo to be him due to the similarities. I can see how someone in their later life could be mistaken. The similarities seem too coincidental to be random.

There was an article posted in the London Sunday Times on Aug. 13, 1967 titled “Messinas and Mayfair: the Links Remain.”

The article featured the picture posted above labeled as Salvatore Messina. I saw a picture of the article once before but I can’t find a link after a brief search.

Also in 2009 The Informer magazine had an article discussing the picture and it referenced the London paper article while trying to disprove the picture as Maranzano.

The Informer magazine is the same magazine that had an issue last year with a picture claiming to be Maranzano and that was later proved to be a picture of some other criminal.

Last edited by Michael_Giovanni; 01/15/20 03:18 AM.