Originally Posted by Hollander
Graham told on the Norton show yesterday his first encounter with Joe Pesci, with Graham describing it as: “Awkward is not the word.

“It was the first couple of days of filming, and I was told that he wanted to see me. He asked, ‘Where are you from?’ I said, ‘I’m from England, Liverpool’ and he went, ‘You’re not Italian?’ I apologised for it and he was like, ‘Okay, you’d better do this right,’ to which I said, ‘I’ll do my best.’”

The actor mentioned that Pesci then told him he “wanted his role” in the film, adding: “I was like, ‘But your part’s massive, you’ve got loads to do.’ And he said, ’I knew Tony [Provenzano, Stephen’s character] so make sure you do a good job.’ The meeting really couldn’t have got any worse!

“A few days later he came up to me and said, ’You’re doing really well, come and have some dinner. But then he said, ’Why are you talking like that? Why don’t you talk as your character so I can understand you?’”

LOL

I have to check that out. That's great.

Pesci says in that dinner conversation that's available on Netflix that he was ready to play Pro but Scorsese insisted he play a boss this time. He also hinted that he knew Pro, talking about how much Pro hated Hoffa. I read something long ago about actors with mob representation and it alleged Pesci was with someone in the Genovese family. Anyone else heard of that?

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea