Originally Posted by PatPic
I'm new to the forum; allow me to introduce myself. My name is Patrick Picciarelli and I wrote the book "Hollywood Godfather: My Life in the Movies and the Mob" in collaboration with Gianni Russo. I'm a retired NYPD Lt, active private investigator, and college professor. I've specialized in collaborating with both "gangsters" and police officers to write their memoirs. After eight published books, I'm sought out mostly by mafia types, who, while not writers, have some great stories to tell. Some of these guys initially found it difficult to open up to a cop, but after twenty years of writing these books, I've developed a reputation as a guy who can be trusted.

I'm not here to sell books. I came across this forum accidently, and it seems like a good place to share my experiences and answer any questions you folks might have.

Gianni and I came from the same neighborhood, and knew many of the same people, so this book was fun to write. We also have a podcast. I couldn't possibly put into 300 pages everything Gianni has accomplished in his life, and had to omit various stories due to space considerations and an effort not to piss off the wrong people (some of whom are alive and well and wouldn't like to read about their escapades).

Looking forward to sharing and enjoying the forum.

Welcome PatPic. I've read a few of your books and kudos to you on your career as an author. I am currently reading Street Warrior and it's very good. I just have one problem, you wrote the book Undercover Cop with Mike Russell. That was total nonsense. He was a cop once who was fired for wrongdoing and then became a rat. He says he was a NJ State Trooper but that was a lie. It's all full of fiction, Even the NJ Star Ledger debunked Mike Russell's accomplishments. I was surprised to see that even George Anastasia wrote a blurb for it. Your new book is about a real cop, Street Warrior. Do you regret writing Russel'ls book? And has Mike Russell ever come clean and apologized to you for lying? I read somewhere that one of the mobsters in the book sued, is that true? I have not read Russo's book yet but it is in my to do list.