Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks
Does anyone know where their rivalry really stems from? I know they’re both from Brooklyn and both were on the rise at the same time. But what made Gotti the faster riser when Corozzo seems to have been a better earner? Such a good earner in.fact that Gotti decided not to kill him when he became boss.

I gotta be honest I don't know the whole reason why their rivalry happened. Corozzo got made before him in April 1977. Technically Gotti was still in prison otherwise he probably would of have been made earlier but who knows. yes Gotti did rise faster mostly because of Fatico and Neil. Around the time when Gotti finally got released and made in October 1977 the Fatico brothers were going through trials so they wanted to take a step back, which opened the door for Gotti to take over that crew. Also Neil has control over certain crews. Although Paul didnt make Gotti an "official" capo of the bergin crew he was only technically an acting captain for a number of years which pissed off gotti even though he still controlled the crew. When gotti became boss there were a number of guys who weren't thrilled like Nicky and Joe Butch. I dunno if Gotti ever thought about killing them because that might have started a war within the family. Like I aid I don't know the whole story of why they had heat but I do know t kind of went back to their inductions