Originally Posted by Don Cardi
Excellent review Pizzaboy. You nailed it all around.

I liked the movie.

I know that there is directorial licensing and all, but one thing bothered me: The fact that they didn't tell the audience that part of the deal that Fitzimmons made with President Nixon for Hoffa's pardon was that Hoffa could never run for any office with the Teamsters as a condition of the pardon,,,,,something that Hoffa found out after his release. In my opinion that was a fact that should have been included in the script as I think that it would have lent more credence as to how pissed off Hoffa really was, and how Fitz manipulated it in order to secure his position as President and screw Hoffa.

I think Scorsese glossed over this because he didnt want the final act to basically have the same plot as the Nicholson movie. I think he wanted it to be mostly about Sheeran and Buffalino. Hoffa doesnt enter the movie until about an hour in and theres about 45 min. of runtime after his death. Had Pacino not signed on there might have even been less Hoffa.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea