I never understood why the Eppolito's would think Paul would go along with them taking out Nino and Roy and on top of that, they pick those two up in the car on the way to the bogus "sit down" at the Gemini Lounge no less? Wouldn't just telling Paul they got ripped off some drug deal sign their death warrant? Also, I remember reading that Louis Eppolito identiying the bodies in the morgue.....

The crime scene was investigated by corrupt NYPD detective Louis Eppolito, and he describes what he saw in his autobiography:

"It was difficult, but I went over to the sheets they had spread over two bodies. I read the two toe tags. The first read 'James Eppolito, Jr.' When I pulled back the sheet, Jim-Jim's head was a mess. It was nothing I hadn't seen before in twelve years on the job. But all that blood, and Jim-Jim's brain blasted away, it really upset me."

"Then I went to the old man. I don't know how I managed to pull his sheet away, but I did. Uncle Jimmy's face was just absolutely destroyed. His jaw and bottom lip were totally gone, torn off, giving him this long, buck-toothed look."

"And he had tattoos - the gunpowder marks that are left when you're shot at close range - all over what was left of his head. I cleaned him as best I could, combing his hair and washing the blood off his face. But water kept pouring out of his eyes, like he was crying."