Originally Posted by Andragathia
Furio, you are incorrect. The Latini settled in the area of Rome. Eventually they became Romans, who adopted most of their language along with Greek. The Romans colonized all of Europe. Latin became Roman and then Spaniard. They colonized South America. Then later it was named Latin America. Italians who can trace their heritage to the Latini are more Latin then those in Latin America. And Furio, if you are in Naples you are probably an Oscan, Lucani, Sabine, or Latini.

Nope,you're incorrect.You are like Mussolini who claimed that the Italians still had Roman blood in their veins. There is nothing more wrong! Since ancient Rome subjugated Italy between the seventh and second centuries before Christ and after its fall in 476 after Christ in Italians there were dozens of peoples mixed together. Among these were the Spaniards who were not plus the Spaniards subjugated by the Romans but another people subdued southern Italy plus Sicily, Sardinia and Milan, and the Spaniards still mixed with the locals.Say that I'm Oscan, Lucani, Sabine, or Latini is inaccurate.

What's a legend? That the Normans were hired guns and stayed in Italy?

I did but it's not a legend. The Normans started in the Naples area. Capua. Started to do business and intermarry. Ruled Calabria and Sicily.

Let's be clear. The Vikings began to plunder northern Europe and then descended into Italy starting from France where a region Normandy takes its name from them.
They were used as mercenaries in southern Italy towards the 1000 to then build an autonomous kingdom after having driven out the Arabs from Sicily and the Byzantines from southern Italy

Originally Posted by MolochioInduced
Yes for sure. I am referring to the cutting the eyes out of a princess’ head, and another one into pieces, etc from Sicily by the Norms. Taking the pieces across Europe, I believe the Catholics did a crusade to get the body parts back.

Something to do with the Jesuit Oath to exterminate Protestants, Liberals and Heretics. Sicilian folklore and witchcraft, the Evil Eye (Horns).

I have heard this from multiple Sicilians over the years, but never really from non-Sicilians

What princess? Its a legend or a true story?

Both St. Lucy and Agatha were Sicilian Princesses martyred by Charles V, in around when Joe Bonnano states Cosa Nostra was established in book Man of Honor, 1280ish not too sure about date, sorry.

St. Lucy and St.Agatha was a cristian women martyred in 3 century under Decio and Diocletian while Charles V born in 1500 dc.
Let us start from the fact that their lives come from indirect sources and that it is not certain that they really existed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agatha_of_Sicily
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Lucy