Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks
Originally Posted by Irishman12
Reports are the Yankees are offering Cole 7 years and $245 million. Not only would that break David Price's record 7-year, $217 million, but it would also break Zack Grienke's $34.4 average annual value (as this would have a AAV of $35 million per year). Hopefully, that's enough to get a deal done!

After the Strasburg deal it might be closer to $300 million.

Strasburg resigning with DC isn't surprising at all. What is surprising are the numbers: 7-years and $245 million!? With Strasburg's injury history, I definitely think they overpaid. He opted out of his remaining 4 years at $100 million and got basically an extra 3 years at $145 million! Bravo Borris and Strasburg! eek As for Cole, I hear he should sign sooner rather than later. Another reason why I don't like the Strasburg deal is because it's going to drive up the Yankees price on Cole!

Originally Posted by J Geoff

Hey, Irish... when you feel the timing is right, feel free to start a new MLB 2020 thread...

I will after the offseason is complete.

Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks
I am really surprised that the yanks let Didi walk for $15 mill. I understand that we have a crowded infield but I think for one year Didi would have been well worth it. While I don’t agree with this move I guess we will just have to move on unfortunately.

I'm sad to see Didi walk, I really am. They didn't offer him a qualifying offer so we essentially get nothing for him. I wish him well and hope he can cash in next year. I've heard rumors Betances might take a 1 year deal to increase his value next offseason as well. If that's the case, I hope the Yankees resign him and get another year out of him.