Originally Posted by Hollander
Originally Posted by mike68
The Mirarchi thing is interesting. Perhaps he was further removed from the murders of Vito's father and son, along with Renda, Cuntrera etc.

That being said, I would still have to believe Desjardins continues to be a dead man walking. I can't see how they can allow his betrayal.

The Mirarchi clan is still a mystery they seem independent. One of his guys is Francesco Catalano at first I thought he was Sicilian but I now think he may be from Reggio Calabria. They were also linked to the Bertolos who worked for Arcadi. Maybe Compare Franco is now bringing everybody back in the fold.

I don't think Mirarchi is independent, he's most likely with the old Cotroni crew or whatever is left from it, based on the evidence, he seemed like Desjardins' protege, so it's going to be interesting to see how this works out given that Desjardins is a marked man and Mirarchi was really close to him.

I have a feeling Mirarchi is pulling out a page from Junior Soprano's book (How he played Richie in favor for Tony). Mirarchi knows who the power is, not only is he saving his own butt in this case, he also sees this as an opportunity to move up. After all, it's better to be a capo of an official crew and be alive rather than back up a non-Italian who is marked for death. Whatever significance Desjardins had, likely was gone when his brother in law (Joe Di Maulo) was hit.

With Arcadi and Del Balso back in the fold, chances are they'll get the muscle crew of the family back in business. Del Balso will probably get bumped to capo of that crew while Arcadi being an old timer will probably move up to some sort of adviser role (Similar to what Rocco Sollecito was before his death). They also have a Cun-trera in their family that will likely lead the drug crew, while Rizzuto/Sollecito will focus on the higher end businesses and carry on where their fathers left off.

Last edited by BronaZora; 12/10/19 12:21 PM.