Originally Posted by mustachepete
Originally Posted by Revis_Island
Does it bother anybody whether or not the story of a movie is accurate or not?

I assume all movies are inaccurate. Even if every detail is presented accurately, there's still the matter of what gets left out. They'll do what they have to to make a good story.

Yes. It's entertainment. It's not as if the studio billed "The Irishman" as "The Never-Before Revealed True Story of How an Irish Hitman Killed Jimmy Hoffa for the Mafia." It takes plenty of liberties to tell its story. For example:
--JFK didn't need the Mob's help in winning Illinois in 1960, nor did the Mob have any reason to help him. The Kennedys had been at war with Hoffa and the Mob since 1957, and the Teamsters supported Richard Nixon for President in 1960.
--Joe Kennedy, JFK's father, was not a rumrunner during bProhibition, nor was he close to Mobsters.
--The Mob cooperated with the CIA in plots to kill Castro. But they did not collect and deliver (via Sheeran) guns to the Bay of Pigs invaders, who were armed by the CIA and Dept. of Defense. David Ferrie was not involved in that, although, in "I Heard You Paint Houses," Sheeran said Hoffa told him to use a private plane to deliver three rifles to Ferrie in New Orleans.
--Sheeran did not kill Crazy Joe Gallo.
--The FBI now believes Chuckie was not in the car with Hoffa for his last ride.
--Information about Sheeran's life is at best sketchy, and there's a lot of controversy about what he told others about his life before he died.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.