Like I mentioned in my earlier post Neil was in prison I believe from 73-76 and during that time Carlo was starting to get sick and Paul had stepped up as acting boss I believe. Like another poster mentioned Carlo saw that white collar crime was the future of their family and saw paul as the best guy to handle that. Also at that time it was less dangerous and more profitable than things like hijacking ,loansharking, and drug dealing. Honestly I dont even know if Neil wanted the position. he was already constantly under surveillance or indictment as Underboss. Supposedly after Paul was made boss Neil told him that he would accept any position but Paul kept him on as Underboss to keep peace at least for the time being. I still believe Paul was the right choice of the two but also have to admit he made some stupid decision in the last few years of hi reign. from fooling around with the maid, to demanding 15% of profits rather than the usual 10%, and even back in 81 when he basically handed over Conneticut Capo Frank piccolo to be murdered.

Last edited by JCrusher; 11/26/19 11:45 AM.