It was a mix in New York and New Jersey for John Papalia. The Bonanno family is a good example. Those that supported the Rizzutos got along great with John Papalia, those that supported the Cotronis hated him as he used that family's name in a couple of dealings and didnt give any money to the Cotronis except one time when Buffalo and Toronto made him give a percent, the Cotroni were asking for ten percent but the ruling turned into Cotroni taking twenty percent, Toronto splitting 10 percent and Buffalo getting a guy in a key legitimate business in Canada. Johnny Papalia was no fan of Phil Rastelli, Phil Ciaccone, Joe Massino, or Dominick Napolitano, but was a fan of Alphonse Indelicato due to him cheating the Rizzutos in a drug deal, Carmine Galante, Joe Zicarelli, and Gabriel Infante. The Colombos, loved by Aniello Giannattasio, John Oddo, and Charles Panarella, not a fan of his, John Misuraca, and Frank Fusco. The Gambino Family, he feared Aniello Dellacroce the two respected each other, James Failla, Angelo Mascia, Frank Perrone, and John Riccobono. Those that hated him were Paul Castellano, Paolo Gambino who made trips to Toronto and ever time he visited the city there was something that Papalia had done to cause him headaches, and Giuseppe Traina. I have not come across anything from the Genovese or Lucchese crime families on their dealings with him.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green