Originally Posted by JCrusher
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
@MemphisMafia
I'm glad you involved yourself in the discussions. I love the talks. Back to your point; Chin and Manna were gunna get rid of his whole circle. I believe I read a while back that Chin wanted to kill Gotti's inner circle first and then get Gotti last. Gotti's time was clicking.... Casso was on his ass too. I agree with you; I don't think NY would have allowed the Cherry Hills to take over the Gambino's. There's a rule were Sicilians cannot be head of a family if they were made over in Sicily. Idk if this is true tho... Sal Catalano in the Bonanno's had power to take the boss position once Phil Rastelli got whacked. His lack of English curtailed that; however.

@Thebigfella

I believe you are accurate to an extent. I don't think the Cherry Hills would have thought Stanfa to be a puppet though. Stanfa was very very close with Rosario and John. Stanfa hung out alot with them during the 70's. I believe he even worked for them in NJ when he was on the run after the Bruno hit. I believe the Cherry Hills hid him from NY. Your other point; I'm not sure if Bruno and the Gambino's ever had a falling out. I am surprised Castellano didn't avenge his death. They were supposily close..

Its true. Gotti was Scared of both the Chin and Casso. They blew up Frankie Decicco. Now I guess you can say the Gambinos retaliated against casso but ive always felt that Angelo was the prime force behind the Casso hit. I'm sure gotti knew about it but after it failed and Hydell was killed Gotti basically did every thing he could to make peace with Casso. But even after that they Killed eddie Lino and Bobby Boriello and Gotti didn't do a damn thing

It is odd that he never retaliated. It seemed like Casso and the Chin were not afraid of the boss of the most powerful crime family out there. I think they felt that Gotti could never outsmart them.