Originally Posted by Zavattoni
Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks
Originally Posted by AlanR
Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks
Were there ever any Neapolitan or Calabrese factions within the 5 families like the cherry hill gambinos? I’ve only heard about the Sicilian faction in the Gambino and Bonanno families.

It’s probably the same reason why Castellano and the rest of the old school bosses didn’t want anything to do with Italians that weren’t of Sicilian ancestry. Like DeMeo, from Bologna, John Gotti, from Naples.

I think Castellano’s main problem with DeMeo was that he was so brutal and he sold drugs. He had close associates who were not Sicilian. And the 3 major OC groups in Italy all had close ties. Calabria and Sicily are also almost one in the same. But during Gambino and Castellano’s time the Ndrangheta was not the powerhouse that it is today. The Camorra was.

Castellano was so vulnerable when the DeMeo crew ceased to exist. He should have had another heavy hitter crew in the family. He had the Cherry Hill's but I don't know the exact relationship he had with John and Rosario. All I know is he let them deal dope and left them alone.

Gotti didn’t want to go toe to toe with DeMeo. Why was their a lack of retaliation against the Luccheses and Genoveses when they were killing Gambino family members Eddie Lino, Frankie DeCicco and Bobby Boriello? D’Arco once said Sammy was afraid of him but I doubt it. I think he was just being careful because they were at war. Casso and his crew were to be feared though.

Last edited by Revis_Knicks; 11/12/19 04:27 PM.