GFII was showing in my neighborhood, and since I've never seen my favorite film on the big screen, I decided to go. Because I live in Oregon, and I am legally allowed to use marijuana, I opted to see the movie in the theatre after eating some marijuana edibles. I walked to the theatre and also got a beer and some popcorn. I hope this doesn't violate any rules—again this was all legal on my part. 

I observed a lot of things in the background, like a lot of the extras. Also the violence on the big screen is really enhanced, especially the scene with Geary in the brothel and Vito paying Don Ciccio his last visit.
Here are some other things I noticed that I have never noticed before (forgive me if these were obvious things or if they were already mentioned on this board):

* The look Kay gives Michael after the shooting while the family is huddling in the living room is the most furious, piercing look in the entire movie.

* When Roth tells Michael that Pentangeli is "small potatoes," he takes a bite of a potato chip.

* After the Cuban rebel blows up the grenade, the next scene cuts to the candle on fire on Roth's birthday cake.

* When Michael and Fredo are talking in Cuba, the song "Guantanemera" can be heard. Also in the background a sailor and a gal are chatting it up. 

* The camerawork during Michael's bodyguard creeping around Cuba is phenomenal. Especially the scene after he gets rid of Johnny Ola and is hiding. But also when he gets to Roth in the hospital. As he climbs the stairs with the flowers the camera zooms out of a lady crying over someone dead on a hospital bed. Never noticed this before.

* When Vito goes to see Fanucci in the cafe, right when he walks in another man who was waiting inside by the door immediately walks out.

* This one is super super obvious, but I never noticed that Vito getting the gun in the towel on the roof is just like the scene where Michael gets the gun from behind the toilet in GF1. Also when Vito walks back to his family after the hit and is in the middle of the festival, that scene is amazing. There is so much going on.

* When Michael walks to his mother's house, there are a ton of crows cawing all around the outside of the house.

* I watched Kay the entire time during Michael's statement to the committee. There was nothing but emptiness in her demeanor. 

* While Pentangeli is in custody, one of the FBI guys says "I'm gonna shave you myself in the morning." I inferred this to be FFC foreshadowing Pentangeli slitting his wrists.

* The entire Pentangeli testimony scene is hilarious (if you're rooting for the Corleones, which I was). Hagen is so, so, so smug in that scene.

* The camerawork is again phenomenal when Michael, Tom, Rocco, and Al are talking about meeting Roth at the airport. 

* When Tom goes to see Pentangeli in custody, this line made me really sad lol:

"We was like the Roman empire—the Corleone family, was like the Roman empire."
"It was once."

* Also when Tom is with Pentangeli in custody, it's like Frankie is suggesting the whole thing about the hot bath and his family being taken care of, and is offering that solution to Tom. I always thought it was the other way around until I saw it again last night (but this is just what I observed, I'd be curious to see what other people thought).

* The entire theater (which was like 20 people) laughed when Vito feeds young Michael the olive in the scene in Italy, and also when Sonny and Michael get in a fight in the flashback and the kids are laughing about it. 

* When everyone goes to say happy birthday to the Don for his surprise party and Michael is sitting by himself at the table, way in the background you can see his father's study and his father's empty chair.

Anyway, just some things I noticed even though I've seen this movie many, many times smile