Originally Posted by Hollander
Dozens arrested in massive 'Ndrangheta operation
Blow to Calabrian-based mafia's offshoot in Turin area

'Ndrangheta, the father against the son who collaborates with the magistrates: "I'm bastardazzo wanted to ruin us"
Saverio Agresta, a native of Platì (Reggio Calabria), unleashes himself with his daughter, Mimma. It is November 2, 2016 and comments on that shocking circumstance: on October 7, his son Domenico, 31, nicknamed Micu McDonald, had begun to collaborate with the justice while he was detained in the prison of Saluzzo (Cuneo). Investigators provided a lot of information learned directly from their father and many of his statements provided material for the "Cerbero" investigation that brought 57 people to prison

by Andrea Giambartolomei | 7 NOVEMBER 2019
"'I'm bastard bastard wanted to ruin us. "I'm bastard of shit ". The news of his son's repentance was not taken at all by his father, one of the leaders of the ' Ndrangheta in Volpiano, a village in the province of Turin. "I'm not sleeping at night. I think of all things. He couldn't do a thing of these. This is blind hatred ". And with those words Saverio Agresta , a native of Platì (Reggio Calabria), unleashes himself with his daughter, Mimma. It is November 2, 2016 and comments on that shocking circumstance: on October 7, his son Domenico, 31, nicknamed Micu McDonald, had begun to collaborate with the justice while he was detained in the prison of Saluzzo (Cuneo). Investigators provided a lot of information learned directly from their father and many of his statements provided material for the " Cerbero " investigation that brought 57 people to prison, while four are under house arrest. Many are linked to the local 'ndrangheta of Volpiano and San Giusto Canavese. "The reactions of the relatives to the news of the 'repentance' of Agresta Domenico are particularly significant - the investigating judge Luca Fidelio notes in the precautionary custody order - in which they reflect the previous insertion in organized crime and the concern for information that the collaborator could have revealed to the investigators ".

Despite his young age, Micu McDonald has been in prison for several years. He was sentenced to life imprisonment for a murder committed in Borgiallo in 2008, a few months after his affiliation. In the cell he still climbs the degrees and becomes " godfather ". In 2011 he was arrested for the “ Minotauro operation", The one that revealed the heavy infiltration of the 'Ndrangheta in Turin and deals a penalty for mafia association. After a few years he began his journey in contrast with that of his family: his ancestors were prominent figures of the 'ndrangheta. And the father's outburst is very eloquent: "Because the jail didn't know how it is, 'I'm bastardazzo, before going to ruin, ah?" And then again: "He doesn't like jail, do you understand? First he combines the messes and then he doesn't like jail ... "I'm a bastard". Later he resumed the speech: "The jail unfortunately is not roses and flowers. He must have known it before he ruined himself that is not roses. First he gets drunk and then he messes. He went to make the mess that seemed to him that he could do what he wants. The jail seemed to him a walk ".

The boss hopes to make his regretful son change his mind. Otherwise, he has a solution: "Everyone knows me there and I just go, then send embassies." Among the acquaintances there would be some relatives: "If someone I know comes in, I tell them: 'See where it is'. Stop. Then once we know where he is, one goes to the prosecutor's office and says, "What are you doing?" But they deny you, they tell you it's not true ". There would also be a problem with the lawyer. The family lawyer would have been rejected because the repentant young man would have named a new one and no one knows who he is, so the family cannot approach him. The hope is that the investigators do not believe in the son and do not let him enter the protection program: "They keep him that way for fifteen days to see if he has said something that is true. If it is not true, they go there and tell him 'Listen, take the baubles and get out of where you came'. ISthey throw it as uncle Rocco threw it". That is Rocco Marando, another penitent of the homonymous clan, also very powerful, linked to the Agrestas. At that point there, the father would re-embrace the prodigal son: "It is not that one abandons him. A moment of despair can happen, isn't it? " His father also feels discouragement, saying he no longer sleeps at night from the thought of his repentant son: "This is blind hatred, Mimma, blind hate! But what hate do your parents have? " And again: "Who are you who allow yourself the luxury of doing this to us. Looks like we sent you to jail. If we sent you to jail you were right. But you went to ruin yourself ". And so, a few weeks later, the attitude changes. On December 15 Saverio Agresta was summoned by the carabinieri and spoke with his wife, Anna Marando, and came to a conclusion: "If he dissociated himself from us,

"The king is dead, long live the king!"