Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Originally Posted by MightyDR
If Bonanno pulled it all off at once, like the end of The Godfather, I say the other families go along with it and he becomes the actual boss of bosses, or at least the major influence on the Commission. As long as he doesn't mess with the Genoveses, I don't see them really caring enough to do anything.

However, such a high profile move would mean major law enforcement attention and he would probably be put in prison soon enough. It would also mean more law enforcement attention on Cosa Nostra as a whole, so probably a dismantling of the whole thing earlier on than what actually happened.

I was waiting for that Godfather reference, because an alternate history where Bonanno succeeds is essentially the plot of GF2.

That’s right. Just as we spoke about on here many times. Bonanno would have had a true empire and been almost untouchable with all of the connections he would have inherited. He would have been as rich and powerful as Michael in Godfather 3 years after he pulled off the power play.