Your question reminded me of a video on YouTube that kind of mentions this. The person being interviewed was a former convict who did numerous years in federal prison. Although much has been said about how prisoners despise rapists and crimes against women, there is an exception. Believe it or not, many men who murder their wives are often given a pass in jail. Remember, many wives and girlfriends eventually dump their partners when they are in the can. All that time in jail can easily deteriorate a relationship. So when prisoners hear of someone killing their wife, their attitude is, "they had it coming." Now, if the wife is pregnant, or if you murder a child, you can be marked for death in jail pretty quick.

I don't think it was ever established why Mancuso killed his wife in the first place. I heard it was an argument, Mancuso's lawyer claimed it was an accident (well what else will they say). I suppose if his wife was cheating on him, others in the mob would chalk it up as him just defending his honor. Who knows. What blows my mind is that Mancuso got remarried (an article stated that before he went to prison again, his daughter was about to receive her first communion). Who the hell would want to marry someone who murdered his first spouse? Well there's always someone crazier out there...

Last edited by billymari; 10/28/19 04:23 PM.