Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks
Originally Posted by Irishman12
Pitiful way to end the series and their season. I think not having German on the roster really hurt us I doubt the Yankees pick up Encarnacion's $20 million option next year (they'll buy him out for $5 million). Now that they're out, LET'S GO NATS!

Very pitiful. I do think some changes need to be made and Cashman needs to get the right players in place for next year. Better starting pitching and less strikeouts. Those should be our goals.

I don't fault Cashman. The players didn't produce. I think they had the tools to win, they just didn't execute. Rumor is Cole's gonna go to Anaheim (or maybe San Diego) but the rumors are it'll definitely be out West. Strasburg I see staying in DC, even if he does opt out of the remainder of his contract. So the Yanks are going to have to pull off a trade if they're gonna get extra arms. Although, with German and Jordan Montgomery coming back, I'm not sure how urgent it is to get reinforcements. Also, I think not having Betances in the bullpen hurt us as well. He's a free agent and with him missing the entire year, save for one appearance, I wonder if the Yankees let him walk? Not to mention Chapman can opt out of his deal as well.