Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
No Orena said to Sessa to poll the capos for avoid a war thinking that the capos didnt want another war and maybe if Sessa wouldnt informed Persico the things will go in this manner.
Orena would as an acting boss should meet with all the capos and made himself the question: you want to stay with me or against me?
If all the capos or a huge majority would say yes,I doubt Scarpa would do anything.

I agree; Orena should of had a meeting with the captains; and gave them an ultimatum. I'm pretty sure the majority would have been with him; People were getting sick of the Persico's; even back then.. Going to Sessa was a 50/50 and Orena should have known that. Who was Underboss at the time or Acting should I say?? Gerry Lang was put away at the time but didn't he still hold the title?

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.