I don't see a current NBA thread so let's make one. What's everyone's take on the current NBA/China situation? Personally, I find it hypocritical as the NBA, as well as the players, pride themselves as being at the forefront of social justice issues. However, when it comes to China and losing all of those sweet sweet Chinese dollars, now everyone's afraid to speak out against it. I agree that Daryl Morey had the right to express his own personal beliefs with his tweet but like most, I'm sure nobody expected this kind of backlash. Again, I just find it hypocritical that they're bowing down to the Chinese government strictly because of economic reasons. Faces of the league (Curry and LeBron) are even backpedaling saying they aren't that "educated on the issue" so they won't comment on it (although LeBron did just that yesterday). Plus the NBA allowed the Chinese government to silence the players after their games in China as a CNN reporter wasn't allowed to get a question answered by Westbrook and Harden and then after the Lakers/Nets game, the media wasn't allowed access to players at all. Like everything else in this world, cash is king!