Originally Posted by Irishman12
I tried Burger King's new Pretzel King (a burger on a pretzel bun). It wasn't bad but it would have been better had the pretzel bun been warmed up. I also tried one of their taco's for the first time. Again, not bad, but could have used some more flavor (was kinda bland but what do you expect for $1?)

So I was really disappointed in both Burger King and KFC yesterday. Burger King I tried their new Pretzel King burger. It comes with mustard, cheese, and bacon. I ordered a double with no mustard or cheese and I had planned on eating it at the restaurant (as I always do). Well, yesterday something happened with the grill and they had the doors open and they were about to close the dining room due to all the smoke in the building. I got my food and had to go home as a result. I ate the taco first and then the burger. Didn't even take a bit in to the burger before I realized BOTH mustard and cheese were on the burger. I tried my best to scrap them off and since I was home, I wasn't willing to drive back up there to correct it (I let it go). After 2 bites into the burger, I realize it's a single and not a double. That was the last straw. I brought the burger back up to Burger King and they made it correctly the second time (luckily they hadn't closed yet and I had them substitute ketchup for the mustard). Again, overall the burger wasn't anything special and would have been better had the pretzel bun been warmed up.

As for KFC, last month I tried their $5 fill up Mac & Cheese bowls (it's mac and cheese mixed with chicken nuggets). These are only for a limited time (and looking at KFC's website today, yesterday may have been the last day for them since the website no longer lists it as a menu item), so I wanted to have them again before being pulled. I ordered 2 of them and they both were lukewarm, like they had been sitting out. They weren't bad but I finished the first and about half of the second before throwing the rest away. Disappointed in both establishments.