The son of the 'ndrangheta boss: "So I convinced my father to repent"
5 OCTOBER 2019 - 16:16
of Editorial

From mafiosi to collaborators of justice: dad and son are unveiling the assets of the northern gangs

He is called Salvatore, he is 29 years old, and is the son of Emanuele De Castro, known as "the Sicilian", considered the boss of the ' Lombard Ndrangheta . Near the clan of Villagrazia of cosa nostra, Emanuele De Castro had become the deputy regent of the Calabrian cell of Legnano . Now both he and his son have become collaborators of justice.

Because they decided to collaborate
It was the son who pushed him to make this choice, who explained to the prosecutors: "I am tired of this lifestyle, especially that of my father - as Corriere.it writes - I myself induced him to do this choice".

He could not take it more than a life of continuous arrests and sentences, aware that he would come out of the 'ndrangheta either dead or collaborating with the State. And he chose this second option.

"I decided to cooperate because I don't want my son to do it as I did. Because I'm tired, it seems like an absurd life. I would like to live a quiet life with my partner and my child "explained the 'ndrangheta boss who, before collaborating, had sent two letters, from prison, directly to the deputy prosecutor Alessandra Dolci, head of the Milan Anti-Mafia District Directorate .

What did they tell the public prosecutors?
Dad and son are a flood. They have filled hundreds of pages of reports telling all they know, so what are the assets of the gangs in the North and also the alleged relations with politics, business and public administration.

Father and son, arrested as part of the same investigation, ran a parking lot near Malpensa , later seized by investigators.

"I was peddling drugs. I was never baptized, my father didn't want me to work for "them" - said Salvatore De Castro - He told me to stay out of it ". «I asked him about his travels in Calabria , why he attended Rispoli: everyone knew that without his consent here he could not move leaf. And he told me that he belonged to the 'ndrangheta, "he concluded.

https://www.open.online/2019/10/05/...a-cosi-ho-convinto-mio-padre-a-pentirsi/

"The king is dead, long live the king!"