Originally Posted by LuanKuci
On a second thought I shouldn’t be surprised given that the same poster implied that the Chicago Outfit made people of Asian, Russian, Jewish etc... descent.

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Ok, Dennis Hopper.

lol

Funniest thing is that, in that scene, it’s clear that not even Hopper’s character believes it, he’s just saying that to mock Walken’s character, passively showing his ignorance about his own heritage and, most importantly, get a quick, painless death rather than being tortured.

lol

To be honest, it's true that a lot of Italians probably aren't of 100% Italic stock (meaning that they descended from the ancient Italic tribes). For instance, I got a few friends that are of Calabrian ancestry that did an ancestral test just for shits and giggles and found out that for a large part they could trace their lineage back to Greece. It's only natural that people that passed through a region left their genetic marker. Sicily for instance is a very varied place. I know a blonde Sicilian and a ginger-haired one, just like I know a Sicilian who could pass for a Lebanese. The question is though, would these people claim to be anything other than "Italian"? Of course not.
(ignoring the fact that a Sicilian will always claim to be Sicilian first and foremost lol)

When push comes to shove, almost everybody in Europe is mixed somewhere down the line. When I did an ancestral test, I could trace my lineage back to Germany, Spain, Italy, France and Scandinavia.

Last edited by TheKillingJoke; 10/05/19 09:52 AM.