Originally Posted by LuanKuci
Originally Posted by Immortale
No non-Italians have been made, ever. BUT, the saying goes, only people who are a 100% Italian can be made, which I believe hasnt held up since the 70s. Many half Italians and these days people who are 1/16th Italian have been and get made, why? No one is 100% Italian in America anymore. It mostly goes by heritage nowadays.

That is such an absolutely false and ridiculous claim. Beyond the Mafia-related discussion, I’m shocked that someone living in America could come up with it. Demographically speaking there are obviously tons (and I mean tons) of full blooded Italian-Americans. Regardless of their generation. Especially in large Italian enclaves along the Atlantic seaboard, Upstate/Western NY and the Rustbelt.

No excuses for not knowing this, even if you’re an hermit living out in the sticks in AK. If you’ve got “the internet” to access to this forum you sure can check Census sites, sociology and cultural anthropology publications and articles focusing on Italian-American Studies.

Contemporary Italian culture in the USA and Canada goes well beyond the Mafia.

Back on topic, Mafia-wise, even though there have been examples of non-100% Italians getting made they have always been an exception to the rule. Besides, recently, at least in NYC, they’ve gone back to the 100% rule, allegedly.

As an Italian living in the Atlantic seaboard, this great post by LuanKuci should just end this thread.

Last edited by Ravens410; 10/05/19 06:31 AM.