Oh boy, I'm taking a peak after it's been a while and what do I read?

The Chicago Outfit currently making everybody from Irish Travellers to Pakistanis...

The Outfit never made a non-Italian. They always had lots of "associates" that were non-Italian, but I'm willing to bet there hasn't been a single non-Italian made guy in the Outfit ever.

As for New York. Of course one could say that Italian-Americans and Italians from the European motherland are worlds apart culture-wise, but there's still plenty of Italian-Americans that are full-blooded Italian ancestry-wise over in NY and NJ. Anybody who thinks that the NY mafia doesn't have an "Italian" recruitment pool anymore is being ridiculous. Sure you don't have endless bands of young Italian-American hoodlums running around in Bensonhurst anymore that are ripe to be picked off the street by some experienced wiseguy, but there's more than enough of them still willing to step into that life to make sure that the Mob doesn't have to start making Russians, Albanians, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans or African Americans to stay viable. It will take at least a couple of generations before that recruitment pool will be completely diminished.

Made guys in the NY Mob are still for close to 100% full-blooded Italian ancestry-wise. There have been exceptions, but those always were few and far between.

And I as well am going to echo the statement made by others: Desjardins was never made. 'Joe Bravo' Fernandez was a Spanish cokehead who probably had his nose stuck in too much of the white powder when he allegedly made those statements, but neither of them were made guys.