Originally Posted by Ciment
Originally Posted by NickleCity
Yes the Todaros still own the restaurant.

Thanks, I was just wondering if someone was making a move on them or if it was just a random shooting.

Honestly, I have no clue. The area is a hotbed for gang activity and drugs so could be that. I will say gang leaders are at the store all the time. I have to wonder if there isn’t some interconnection in all of that. Of course they could just be enjoying a slice. Everyone loves their pizza.

Let me stir the pot a little. Recently I haven’t put my opinion out here as much, but given all the news and articles over the past couple of years I’m beginning to believe the drug activity on the Westside and especially near La Nova is mob related.

First, Buffalo has been rumored to use street gangs for drug distribution in the past.

Bobby Panero’s grandson Louis Prentice Jr. AKA Little Varney (rapper name) was said to run the 10th street gang on Buffalo’s west side.

Second, and this is no proof, just intuition and speculation based on Canadian/UK articles stating the Todaro family is involved in the old Montreal, Hamilton/Buffalo, New York City drug trafficking triangle setup by Bonanno and Magaddino. Several of those articles specifically mention Buffalo. Do these journalists know something? Is the drug trafficking just involve Buffalo’s Canadian faction (the Violi’s) or is it all pet of something bigger?

No proof, but I lead toward bigger and involving the mob in Buffalo on the US side of the border.

If true that the mob in Buffalo is involved in narcotics, I wonder if the trafficking is taking place from Buffalo to Canada like the early 80’s/90’s or if that has reversed. I lean to the latter given the news of the last couple years.

Thoughts?

Last edited by NickleCity; 09/29/19 03:19 PM.