Originally Posted by CabriniGreen
Originally Posted by Revis_Island
Informative articles. What is the story behind the feud between the secondigliano alliance and the Zaza clan? The Zaza family has historically been one of the strongest clans in the Camorra. Much like the casalesi and nuvolettas. Those 3 families have been able to stand the test of time. A lot of other Camorra clans that were active around the same time are now defunct.

In Gomorrah, it says....

" The clans affiliated with the Secondigliano Alliance- the Licciardi, Contini, Mallardo, LoRusso, Boschetti, Stabile, Prestieri, and Bosti families, as well as the more autonomous Sarno and DiLauro families...

The Lo Russos, I believe were the catalyst for the split in the Alliance, a bad shipment of heroin, multiple overdoses or something.

The Prestieris were I believe DiLauro allies, so when they had thier troubles, they were probably affected. They also had a ton of arrest in that clan.

I think, after the war within the Alliance, the Mazzarella clan probably backed a coalition of families for control of the Center-City. The Bosti clan is still firmly with the Alliance. Also the Aieta clan apparently has 3 women all married to Mallardo, Bosti, and Contini family bosses, all the women influential in the clan.

The Mazzarella was always a financially powerful clan, not militarily. It's why they all had to band together to fight off Cutolo.

I think being a financial power is more valuable than being a militant power. Of course you need both but the more powerful financial Nuova Famiglia beat Cutolo.